Transcripts and School Reports

Students applying for admission to the Dual BA Program between Trinity College Dublin and Columbia University must submit an official high school transcript or formal school report as part of their application file (see note below). Dual BA Program students come from a broad range of high schools and educational backgrounds, and the admissions committee is experienced in reading school records from around the world. When ordering transcripts, students should refer to the chart below to ensure that they are requesting the correct academic records. In general, students should provide the admissions committee with records from the last three academic years, in addition to any predicted scores or preliminary grades available from the current academic year (the equivalent of 9th-12th grades in the United States).

A Note on Official Documents

Unofficial documents are accepted as part of the application review process. If offered admission, in order to enroll you will be required to submit official documents. Official documents are those submitted electronically from your college or school counselor through If electronic documents are not available from your high school, or your school does not participate through, students may also instruct a school administrator to email transcripts from their school email account to [email protected] and they will be counted as official. We will accept mailed copies of the transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions of the School of General Studies. Paper transcripts may not be delivered or forwarded by a student. All non-English language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

If offered admission, you should submit official transcripts using just one of these methods.

International Academic Records

Please consult the list below for further clarification on the types of international academic records required by the admissions committee. Please note that this list is not comprehensive; if you have questions about the types of documents required for your personal academic background, please contact our offices via email at [email protected].

In order to expedite the application submission process, college and academic counselors can now submit documents for their students’ applications via These documents include transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation. Counselors can get started by visiting the Register page on There, they can sign in directly using their Google Apps/G Suite school account, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Any colleague at an institution with an active account will be able to verify a new account. If no other active accounts exist, the verification process will be handled by Technolutions.