Types of Aid
Dual BA Program students are awarded financial aid by the institution in which they are enrolled. Where eligible, students will receive financial aid directly from Trinity College Dublin for the first two years of the Program. Similarly, if eligible, students will receive financial aid directly from the Columbia University School of General Studies for the second two years of the Program. Students who are eligible for U.S. federal financial aid including Federal Parent PLUS Loan will have their aid awarded and managed by the GS Office of Educational Financing at Columbia University for all four years of the program.
Years One and Two: Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College Dublin offers a number of scholarship opportunities for prospective and current students from around the world. More information on specific scholarships available to international students can be found by visiting the Trinity website.
- All scholarships and grants that do not stipulate “for use in US college only;”
- 529 funds. Providers can contact Trinity directly.
US Federal Student Aid
- Students who are eligible for U.S. federal financial aid including Federal Parent PLUS Loan will have their aid awarded and managed by the GS Office of Educational Financing at Columbia University for all four years of the program.
Years Three and Four: Columbia University
The Columbia University School of General Studies administers financial aid during years three and four of enrollment in the Dual BA Program. Students may be eligible to receive scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study. Financial aid may come from GS, federal and/or state governments, or private sources.
- Scholarships and grants: institutional scholarships, outside scholarships, and federal and state grants are forms of aid that do not have to be repaid.
- Loans: federal and private loans are forms of aid that must be repaid.
- Student employment: the Federal Work-Study Program (for those eligible) and the Center for Career Education can assist students in finding part-time employment.
- Aid for international and military students: specific sources of aid are available for international students, and for military veterans and their families.